German Research Chair Application
Thank you for your interest. Applications are currently closed!
- You must:
- Have completed a doctorate and built an outstanding, internationally recognized research record in the field of “Mathematics and its Applications.”
- Have several years of experience in research and teaching as well as in training students and (ideally) doctoral candidates
- Conduct application-related research in areas that have the potential of contributing to the development of the African continent
- Already have or will establish a scientific cooperation with a partner at a German institution of Higher Education
What we are offering:
- A sponsorship that will initially be made available for four years totalling up to €560,000 and
- salary attached to the research chair depending on the career stage
- relocation costs
- research stays in Germany
- participation in national and international conferences
- realisation of workshops and conferences at AIMS
- funding for specialist literature, equipment and expendable materials at AIMS
2. Access to various alumni sponsorship programmes during your entire professional career, e.g. for sustaining contacts with collaborative partners in Germany.The successful candidate is expected to live and work in Rwanda for the duration of the sponsorship.
Furthermore, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) will promote cooperation with German universities and networking amongst the AIMS centres by funding scholarships (doctoral students, mobility) once the chair holder is established.
Please see the Programme Information (PDF) for details of the application requirements and sponsorship specifications.