The Humboldtian Mouhamed Moustapha Fall is the endowed Chair in Mathematics and its Applications at AIMS Senegal, funded by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation. His research interests are: linear-nonlinear Partial Differential Equations, with a particular focus on free boundary Constant Mean curvatures hypersurfaces; Isoperimetric inequalities involving perimeter and eigenvalues on Riemannian manifolds; Hardy and Hardy-Sobolev inequalities; qualitative properties of (relativistic) Schrödinger equations and overdetermined problems.
- Organisation of workshops, conferences, summer schools jointly with national and international universities/institutions at AIMS Senegal.
Supervising PhD students working as assistants of the Chair and participating in the academic activities (doctoral courses, workshops, conferences, etc.) at the Université Cheikh Anta Diop, Dakar and the University of Frankfurt in Germany. The PhD program is funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
- Short research visits (1 to 2 weeks) at AIMS Senegal;
- Research in pairs initiative: 2-4 weeks visits by a Senegalese researcher and a local research partner from another university; or an international research partner; or PhD or post-doctoral student;
- Co-organization of short courses, conferences and workshops;
Students in the mathematical sciences wishing to join the Research Centre may apply to register for PhD with the Chair. All good and relevant research proposals will be considered. Please send a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Research laboratories in the Universities of Senegal such as LMDAN; LANI; LGDA.
- Professor Tobias Weth (University of Frankfurt, Germany)
- Professor Andrea Malchiodi (SISSA/ISAS, Italy)
- Professor Enrico Valdinoci (Weierstrass Institute for Applied Analysis and Stochastics, Germany)
- Professor Susanna Terracini (university of Torino, Italy),
- Professor Frank Pacard (Centre de Mathématiques Laurent Schwartz, École Polytechnique-CNRS, France)